Dehydration can result in fatigue, loss of concentration, and headaches. Our water company at the Lake of the Ozarks can help you to avoid this. It can be difficult for some people to make themselves drink enough water, but your Culligan Man at the Lake of the Ozarks has a few tips to help you out.
1. Drink before you get thirsty.Once your body feels thirsty, that means you are already on your way to dehydration. Make drinking water a habit so that you never get to that point.
2. Drink before, during, and after exercising.The best way to avoid dehydration while you are exercising or doing any other type of strenuous activity is to fully hydrate yourself before you begin. Also drink plenty of water periodically during the activity, and when it is over. The same goes for being outside on a very hot day. If you have been sweating excessively, it's a good idea to supplement your water with a sports drink containing electrolytes.
3. Eat hydrating foods.Foods that have a high water content can also aid in keeping you hydrated. Some of these include watermelon, cantaloupe, grapefruit, cucumbers, grapes, tomatoes, soups, stews, and yogurts.
4. Flavor your water.
A wonderful way to entice your taste buds into consuming more water is to infuse it with your favorite flavors. Adding lemon, lime, cucumber slices, or even mint to a pitcher of water in the refrigerator will make it taste delicious, and there will always be a nice treat waiting for you when you need something to drink.
5. Keep track of your water intake.You can purchase a water bottle that has ounce markings on the side so that you see exactly how much water you are drinking. Some even have a way for you to keep track when you drink multiple bottles in the same day. Another option is to fill a gallon container every morning and see how much you can finish before you go to bed.
6. Drink water with every meal.Get in the habit of having a glass of water in addition to any other beverages at every meal. If you drink an entire glass of water before the meal, this has been proven to cut down on the amount of calories you eat because your stomach already feels a bit full.
7. Start your morning with a glass of water.Rehydrating first thing in the morning is refreshing and a great pick-me-up for your body to start the day. Plus, you're already on your way to fulfilling the recommended 8 glasses a day before you even sit down to breakfast.
8. Carry a water bottle with you at all times.Always having a water bottle easily within reach is a great way to motivate yourself to stay hydrated. The more convenient you make it for yourself, the easier it will be.
Culligan Lake of the Ozarks makes it easy for you to have access to the best drinking water available. We offer a wonderful variety of home water solutions, including drinking water systems and water filtration systems. You can even order bottled water online to be delivered to your home for as little as $24.95 a month. That includes the use of one of our water cooler dispensers for free. Let us help to keep you hydrated so that you can look and feel your very best.