Getting enough water every day is important for your health. Healthy people meet their fluid needs by drinking when thirsty and drinking with meals. Most of your fluid needs are met through the water and beverages you drink. However, you can get some fluids through the foods that you eat. For example, broth soups and foods with high water content such as celery, tomatoes, or melons can contribute to fluid intake.
Water helps your body:
- Keep your temperature normal
- Lubricate and cushion joints
- Protect your spinal cord and other sensitive tissues
- Get rid of wastes through urination, perspiration, and bowel movements
Your body needs more water when you are:
- In hot climates
- More physically active
- Running a fever
- Having diarrhea or vomiting
If you think you are not getting enough water, these tips may help:
- Carry a water bottle for easy access when you are at work of running errands.
- Freeze some freezer safe water bottles. Take one with you for ice-cold water all day long.
- Choose water instead of sugar-sweetened beverages. This can also help with weight management. Substituting water for one 20-ounce sugar sweetened soda will save you about 240 calories. For example, during the school day students should have access to drinking water, giving them a healthy alternative to sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Choose water when eating out. Generally, you will save money and reduce calories.
- Add a wedge of lime or lemon to your water. This can help improve the taste and help you drink more water than you usually do.
"Drink more water - Acts like an appetite suppressant, keeps you hydrated, helps flush out toxins, zero calories." - MotiveWeight
Drink Quality Water with Culligan at the Lake of the Ozarks
Culligan at the Lake of the Ozarks is here for all of your quality drinking water needs. Whether you are in the office or sitting at home, you deserve to have quality drinking water any time of the day. Culligan can provide that to you with the best customer service around. Just ask our clients! Browse through our website to see all of the products we offer that can help make your home or work better. You'd be amazed by how much happier you can feel by simply drinking more quality water. Call 573-346-5221 for the best water company at the Lake of the Ozarks.