Water is a vital part of our lives. The average person could live without food for nearly a month, but we could only survive about a week without water - that's how essential water is to our lives. However, it's easy to forget to drink the proper amount of water every day. When we become dehydrated, our bodies are affected by it, so it's important to drink the proper amount of water. If you do stay properly hydrated, here are a few benefits you can experience.
2. It can improve your digestion. Did you know that drinking water during or after a meal can actually aid in digestion? Water can help break down food and help our bodies absorb the nutrients we need. While it's not necessary to drink water in order to digest food, it certainly helps out.
3. It can help with weight loss. Drinking water and been thought to help with weight loss for a long time. In fact, 30 - 60 percent of Americans who are trying to lose weight will increase their water intake. Drinking water increases the amount of calories you burn for at least an hour, which could help with modest weight loss.
4. It can help with joint and back pain. There are many different reasons why your joints may hurt, however, drinking more water could help ease the pain. While increasing your water intake may not cure the pain, it can help your body handle the underlying issues that are causing you pain.
5. It can help improve your skin. Our skin contains a lot of water and acts as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. Dehydration may make your skin look dry, dull and wrinkled. Although drinking water may not help with fine lines, proper hydration can help your skin look glowing.
6. It can improve your immune system. Water has a huge impact on your immune system. Water helps keep our organs and other bodily fluids working properly. It flushes out toxins and ensures our cells get all the oxygens they need to function. All of this can help keep you healthy and fight viruses, infections and other ailments.
Culligan at the Lake of the Ozarks makes it easy for you to have access to the best drinking water available. When you have delicious drinking water that is easily available, it's easy to drink more water! We offer a wide variety of home water solutions, including drinking water systems and water filtration systems. Let us help you stay hydrated so that you can start seeing the many benefits of water.